I decided to "upgrade" to using polymer clay. I bought a large packet of Sculpey in skin color. Too reddish skin for me so I mixed it with translucent Fimo. I sculpted a pretty nice body. I was pleased with it until I baked it and I burned the upper back and the neck! I mean, BLACK-BURNT!! Argh!
I scraped, sanded, added, re-baked... still not perfect but better.
I made a head and took more care in baking.
Up to here it was OK, some veining and slight crackling, not easy to sand like Paperclay but I could live with it.
I dumped Sculpey in a drawer and went on working with Paperclay. I made a bi-color BJD doll! LOL
Here below you see the temporarily strung doll with all the extra pieces I made for her. What a headache! LOL
Anyway, now it's not done yet........ she is in pieces again and I'm sculpting her body and new head in Paperclay. I really couldn't match Sculpey and Paperclay and the difference would have always been evident.
I will test Sculpey again after I'm done with the Paperclay version so I can use her body and head that are not so bad to throw away.
(Click on photos to see a larger version if you wish)